Mixed Media Workshops – Art Journaling
After a life-changing year in Lifebook 2017, I’m on board for 2018 as well.
Click here to view more details
I have gotten to a point where I now want to DO something with my coloring pages. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my books and plan to continue my addiction but as an art supply addict as well, 2018 will bring some new elements to my adult coloring world. The course doesn’t include coloring pages but I plan to.
It doesn’t matter that this class has already started, you have access to all the lessons for the whole year and you can download any that you have missed to catch up on later.
You can still join anytime and download the lessons you have missed to do later.
I’m just LOVING Lifebook! So fun, empowering and helping me SO much with my art skills!
Life Book 2018 is New & Improved, Bigger & Better!
2018 is a special & exciting year for Life Book because the launch of LB2018+ coincides with the publication of Tamara’s book (all about Life Book) AND she is making the Life Book offer more holistic by opening the course up to other art forms (like clay work, photography and writing) + Tamara is also bringing in some more wellness experts that will support people on their wellness/ personal development journey!!
The key differences/ extras this year are:
- Additional healing AND art disciplines (several other experts who do things like yoga/ aromatherapy/ NVC & mindfulness etc + other art disciplines like sculpture/ doll making/ photography & writing etc to make the entire healing/ wellness aspect of Life Book more holistic (these offers are on top of the art lessons not instead of).
- Virtual Life Book Gift (or Swag) Bag!!! 😀 Everyone who signs up to Life Book gets a virtual ‘goodie bag’ filled with things like: high res prints (for you to print out), exclusive discount codes from teachers and sponsors, free ebooks and ezines and other awesome stuff! yay!
- Several Facebook LIVE sessions with Tam, these will be in the form of: Check ins/ FAQs/ Impromptu art sessions & They will be recorded and available for those who can’t make the live sessions.
- Lifelong access to all content (this is the first year we are offering lifelong access to all content, yay!!Price does NOT change from last year!! Even though you’re getting SO MUCH MORE !!! 😀
In a nutshell, this is the Incredible Life Book 2018 offer:
A minimum of 6-8 in depth Mixed Media Art Lessons + a Minimum of 4 Bonus Sessions by me: Tam (it usually ends up being more than that though because I get excited about all the new things I learn and find it difficult not to share haha!)
What exactly do you get in LIFEBOOK 2018?
- 21 In depth Mixed Media Art Lessons by Spectacular Guest Teachers (see below who the 2018 guest teachers are)
- Between 12 – 18 additional arts & craft and wellness sessions with experts in this field (check the teacher profile doc to see what each expert has to offer)
- 21 (Smaller) Bonus Activities like: extra PDF prompts & step by steps/ artist interviews/ ATC swaps/ give aways/ audio meditations/ writing prompts etc by Tam & Guest Teachers
- Between 4-6 Facebook Live Sessions with me, Tam
In other words: you get over 85+ inspiring, creative, uplifting and life-enriching sessions this year with creative and wellness experts that will blow your mind!
I have been checking out other resources to help me with drawing whimsical faces and have found a few that I LOVE and have been amazed at my results after only a bit of practice. Still not quite ready for prime time but enjoyable to me in my art journaling and that’s really the point of it all.
This is the first book I found to help with learning to draw whimsical faces by Suzi Blu
Growing out of her popular online workshops and videos, Mixed-Media Girls with Suzi Blu takes you step by step through the process of drawing a folk art and stylized girl’s face. You will learn to create simple, balanced features and add shading with colored pencils and paint. From there, you will learn how to draw the rest of the figure and put it into a unique, textured, mixed-media background. One super important thing I learned about proportion was that the iris and pupil of the eyes really need to be a perfect circle.. both the same size. That is IMPOSSIBLE for me to hand draw and she suggested getting a circle template to take the stress out of it. That has been GENIUS for me.
In Mixed Media Girls, you’ll learn to design costumes and personalities for your girls and adapt them to fit your own artistic style. Create vivid, exciting backgrounds by layering paint, collaging with papers and ephemera, carving beeswax, distressing wood, and building up texture with mediums and pastes.
The accompanying online videos include a mini-workshop full of whimsical mayhem, motivation, and real-time video with Suzi Blu, showing you detailed drawing and shading techniques for faces, beeswax finishes, and how to make a mixed-media art journal start to finish.
Click to Order Amazon US, UK or Canada or on Book Depository
Jane Davenport has an entire line of mixed media supplies that have been released to Michaels exclusively so far. Many of them are completely sold out in all locations as soon as they are stocked. I’ll let you know what I think of the ones I’ve gotten so far as soon as I play with them. Her book I DO have and it’s fabulous!
Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces: A Mixed-Media Portrait Workshop by Jane Davenport
Click to Order Amazon US, UK or Canada or Book Depository
If you are more of a visual learner, Jane Davenport also has a DVD
Amazon review by Jan “The colors are so brilliant and the directions are very simple, do easy to understand. Jane does a fantastic job of teaching you as a student, because she is very straight forward, encouraging, and has a very positive attitude about you being able to learn.”
Click to Order Amazon US, UK or Canada Book Depository
I received a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble and since I already have SO many coloring books I decided to look in the art book section and found Dina Wakley’s book “Art Journal Courage” (This was before I signed up for Lifebook but I’m sure it influenced my decision to take the plunge.) Dina, like Jane, has her own line of mixed media art supplies.
Dina’s first book on Art Journaling
Art Journal Freedom: How to Journal Creatively With Color & Composition
Click to Order Amazon US, UK or Canada Book Depository